Caribou In the Woods
Introducing the Load Master Digital Ticket Tracking System
What is Load Master?
Caribou’s Load Master is an iOS (Apple) app that can work as a stand-alone, in-woods digital ticket entry system or can be integrated seamlessly with Caribou’s back-office “Edge” system.
Loader operators or woods foreman enter ticket information into the iPhone or iPad app through-out the day as loads are being loaded in the woods. If internet connection is available via cellular data or Wi-Fi service, loads are automatically shared with Caribou’s web portal where foresters, land owners, and office personnel can access the data on a real-time basis. Such data visibility allows operations managers to monitor what is occurring at each of the jobs sites, eliminating the need for constant texting and phone calls throughout the day, and streamlining the quota management process.
Landowners and Land Managers
- Enhance timber security and timber certification tracking through GPS Identification, Sequential Ticket Numbering, and Real-Time Visibility.
- Enhance transparency between the Timber Purchaser and the Timber Owner via timely and professional data sharing on what was delivered, when, and to where.
- Eliminate head ache and logistics of paper tickets.
- Quicker ticket reconciliation to validate stumpage payments received.
- Compare actual harvested volumes to estimated volumes.
Watch Load Master Videos
Can your Loadermen use an iPhone or iPad? Then they can use Load Master. It's that simple!
- Eliminate illegible and unprofessional hand-written daily log sheets.
- Reduce wasted time texting and calling loader operators to determine load counts throughout the day.
- Faster correction of operational issues from incorrect merchandising of timber.
- No more need to re-key all your tickets from the paper copies.
- Woods versus mill reconciliation process ensures you are paid in a timely fashion for every load that leaves the woods.
- No more need for travelling around to every job site each Friday morning to collect paper load tickets for processing payment to your subcontractors and employees.
Electronic Load Ticket Entry
- Unique auto-assigned Load Numbers and Land-Owner Security Numbers are incremented by one from the prior ticket.
- Entries for information like Tract, Mill, Product, and Crew have “pick-list” spinner selectors on the left so that data can be entered easily and consistently from one ticket to the next.
- The entries for Tract, Mill, Product, and Crew are carried over from the prior ticket. These carryovers enhance the speed of entry when consecutive tickets are very similar.
- The other entries for Truck, Trailer, Driver, Scale Ticket and Weight are reset to blank for each new ticket.
- Easy to use by loader operators, site foremen, or truckers.
Printed Load Ticket (Optional)
- Replace hand-scrawled Load Trip Tickets with legible Printed Tickets (using Bluetooth receipt printers) or PDFs that can be read from a smart-phone by the scaler or scanned in.
- No more handwritten multi-carbon tickets.
- Labels and layout are configurable.
- Prints multiple copies.
- Bar Coding (optional) – Both single and 2-D bar codes are supported.
Load Security and Verification
- Each ticket is assigned a Unique Sequential Number (left-most column in the screen shot above) by the app Itself. These numbers cannot be edited by the user.
- Unique Load Slip numbers can replace expensive pre-printed Security Sticker System if desired.
- The date and time of each load is captured and posted to the electronic load ticket, and up to the web portal.
- Loads can be voided on the iPhone or iPad, but cannot be deleted.
- Handhelds with GPS will post the GPS location to the load ticket. This provides a way to verify that each load is actually loaded from the tract where the loader is assigned.
- Ticket information can be professionally shared with landowners on a daily basis via an electronic format, replacing unprofessional hand-written, coffee stained daily load listings.
Real-Time Load Ticket Visibility
- Searchable hosted Web Portal lets foresters keep a tight rein on deliveries across all crews to ensure they are able to meet, but not exceed quota to each destination.
- Landowners can see the production coming off their tract on a daily basis.
- Logging subcontractors have easy access to digital load ticket information for their own reconciliation process.
- Real-time visibility of data means managers can correct merchandising mistakes in the woods before it’s too late.
- Eliminate the need to drive around to job sites every Friday morning picking up paper copies of load tickets.
Isn't it Time to Rethink Your Load Ticket Process?
Call us today at 850-532-6206 Ext 1 to schedule a demo or for more information!